Monday, March 5, 2012

Another war?

Is what I've been hearing. this time, on women. If you're a tumblr addict (like myself), and watch the feminism tag closely, then you'll have see the ever increasingly popular phrase "The war on women." I find it shocking that NOW women have declared this war. Don't get me wrong, i'm extremely happy people are coming to realize we need to stand up and do something, but none of this is "new". What's changed is because of how non-assertive and silent we've been for quite a while (I know there's been people doing things, but lets be honest, on a MASS level, it's been ignored), this has allowed misogyny to bloom, the stereotypes the evolve into a strong prejudice and men like the Republican candidates to assume positions of power leaving us, defenseless.
The war on women, it's here baby, it's happening, and we gotta do something about it.
If I told you that you could change things, you'd probably be all "...you're stupid" and if I told you that you have the power to do something, once again you'd probably be hitting the block button or exiting this page. So I'm not gonna tell you that.
All I know is that, if I do something, and you do something, then we'll have done something. And that is all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment